retail7 can run on all common platforms, such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android. In addition, a Raspberry 4 can be set up on the POS system. This gives you the freedom to choose between mobile or location-based checkout. In the following section, we explain all the important steps that must be followed for a successful installation on the device of your choice.
To download the retail7 app on an Apple device, an Apple ID is required first. Thus, an account have to be created that can be used with any Apple device that can identify and also connect to various payment service providers. To test if you already have an Apple ID, enter your name and email address here: https://iforgot.apple.com/.
On the iPhone, you can create the Apple ID either during setup or in the App Store. When you set up your phone, select Forgot password or do not yet have an Apple ID and then create a free Apple ID. Then enter your birthday and name. Click on continue. Finally, choose between Current email address and Free email from iCloud.
When creating the ID in the Store, first open the App Store and click on the profile picture there. Then select Create new Apple ID. It may be necessary to log out of iCloud beforehand in order to use this function. Then enter your email address and password. Then select the region and payment method.
The email address you enter here is the new Apple ID. Accept the terms and conditions and click continue. After that, it is still possible to enter credit or billing information if needed. Until the purchase, nothing will be charged. Afterwards, you will receive an email from Apple describing how to confirm the email address.
1. Then sign in to the App Store with your Apple ID.
2. When scrolling through the App Store and you see an app with a download icon next to it, it means that this app has already been purchased or downloaded. It is then possible to download this app again on any device when logged in with the same Apple ID.
3. When purchasing the retail7 app for the first time, search for retail7 in the search bar at the top.
4. After finding, select our app. Then tap on the price or on store.(It is possible to sign in here with the Apple ID, if not already done).
5. After the app is fully loaded, it can be placed anywhere on the phone screen. The app should update itself.
For the download on the Mac, an Apple ID is required first. Thus, an account is created that can be used with any Apple device that can identify and also connect to various payment service providers. To test if you already have an Apple ID, enter your name and email address here: https://iforgot.apple.com/.
Without owning an Apple ID:
1. Open the App Store.
2. Click on Sign in and then on Create Apple ID. (It may be necessary to log out of the iCloud account here).
4. Then click Continue and enter credit card and billing information. NOTE: Until the purchase, nothing will be charged.
5. Then open the confirmation email from Apple in your inbox and confirm the email address.
1. Now log in with the Apple ID and open the App Store.
2. In the search bar at the top, type retail7 and click on the app.
3. Click on the price or on Download and the download will start. (If necessary, log in with your Apple ID if you have not already done so).
4. After that, the app can be found in the Launchpad. The app updates itself regularly.
To download an app, a Google account is required first.
1. To do so, click on this link:
2. First enter your name there.
3. Then enter the desired username in the Username field and select a password. Or select Use my current email address instead and enter it.
4. Then click on Next. When you create a new account, an SMS with a confirmation code will be sent.
5. Enter the code and press Confirm. NOTE: When using the current email address, the code will be sent by mail.
1. First, log in to the Google account and open the Google Play Store.
2. Enter retail7 in the search bar at the top.
3. Then select our app and click Install or Price.
4. The app is then downloaded. The app updates automatically.
Bei Installation der Kassenapp auf einem Windows PC, muss zuerst ein Windows-Konto erstellt werden. Das kann hier getan werden:
To install the app on the Windows PC:
1. Open the Start menu and select the Microsoft Store there.
2. Then go to the Apps tab and search for retail7.
3. Then press Retrieve and then the app will be downloaded.
Our system is available for Linux Standard x64 and Linux RaspberryPi (ArmV7).
Simply download the app and then right-click on the file in the download folder.
Then go to Features → Permissions → Executable. Then mark the file as a program.
Afterwards, the POS system can be opened with a double-click.