In the retail7 POS system, a gift card item has already been created for the cash register. This allows the customer to sell gift cards up to 200 euros. If this is not the case, the item must be added independently under Master data → Item → Item list. This is the only way that the gift card then can be sold as an item in the cash register.
To create an individual gift card after creating the gift card as an item, open Master data → Gift cards → Gift cards. Simply add them or create a batch.
NOTE: Under System Settings → More Settings → Gift Cards, you can see if there is already an item for selling gift cards in the checkout. However, this should have time limited validity. This means, that after a certain time the validity period must be extended. Here you can also increase or decrease the maximum charge from the standard 200 euros.
Gift cards can be offered in the hospitality industry for a dinner or for a cooking seminar.
As a service provider, gift cards can be offered for seminars or for services.
Retailers can offer gift cards for the store or different sets.
1. Enter a name.
2. Enter a list sales price.
3. Assign an item number or use the automatically generated sequential number from the system.
4. Refer the item to a tax group.
5. Assign the item to an item group.
NOTE: The item group is not displayed in the POS.
6. Select the item menu.
NOTE: The item menu is displayed in the POS. The item is then available for selection under the menu.
7.It is possible to assign an image to the item.
NOTE: The optimal size for images on selection fields is 520 * 150 pixels.
8. Select which language must be selected to see the image.
9. Select whether the image is displayed in the cash register or on the customer display
10. Open Advanced.
11. Write a short text as an item description.
12. Write a long text as an item description
13. Add the item Ident for the scanner. Choose between EAN, GTIN, PLU and SKU. Enter the corresponding Ident number.
NOTE: This will allow the scanner to recognize the item when scanning.
14. Choose whether the item can be returned.
15. Select in which unit the item can be measured or weighed.
16. Select whether the item is available as take-away.
17. Under Use Case, select which printer the item will be printed from when the order is placed.
18. Open the expert mode.
19. Select whether the price can be overwritten manually. (Overwrite with the Overwrite price button in the checkout.)
20. Select whether a zero price can be assigned. (The price can be set to zero).
21. Select whether the item requires an age restriction.
22. Select whether the item is eligible for discount.
23. Select whether the item can be tax free.
Additional internal information can be provided for each item. For example, about ingredients or other ratios in the products.
1. Enter a term under Type.
2. Enter a number under Value.
Select the gift card type here.
Under Gift Cards you can create new gift cards, create gift card types and manage the gift cards.
It is possible to import or add the gift cards. It is also possible to create batches.
1. Click Import.
2. Select the file for the gift card by clicking on the cloud or drag it directly into the field.
3. Choose between:
Add new data only, existing data will not be updated
Update existing data, new data will not be added
Update and add
Found data will be deleted
Before the import all data of this table will be deleted
4. Choose a scheme.
5. Click on Import.
1. Enter the card ID.
2. Choose a gift card type
3. Select the desired currency.
4. Enter the desired nominal value.
5. Select the card status. Choose between:
6. Select the desired parameters:
Partial redemption allowed?
7. Select the country or countries where the Gift Card can be sold under Sales Limitation.
8. Select the country or countries where the voucher can be redeemed under Redemption Limit.
9. Specify the time limit as the redemption period. To do this, select the desired start and end date.
1. Select Master Data → Gift Cards → Gift Card Stack Creation.
2. Specify prefix start and prefix end.
3. Specify the ID length.
4. Specify the number of gift cards.
5. Select the desired method.
6. Select the card status. Choose between:
7. Choose a gift card type.
8. Select the desired currency.
9. Enter the desired nominal value.
10. Enter the maximum charge.
11. Select the desired parameters.
Partial redemption permitted?
12. Select the country or countries where the voucher can be sold under Sales Limitation.
13. Select the country or countries where the voucher can be redeemed under Redemption Limit.
14. Specify the time limit as the redemption period. To do this, select the desired start and end date.
Gift card types can be viewed and created in Master data → Gift card types.
1. Click on add.
2. Enter the type key to arrange the gift card types.
3. Enter the name for the gift card types.
Text at redemption
Text on sale
Text when charging
Under Master data → Gift cards → Gift card management all previously created gift cards can be viewed and managed.
You can see the card ID, type, amount, when the card was created, status, client ID and client store.